Sunday 10 October 2010

Crafty people are the nicest people.

My friend and I had a lovely time at Ally Pally! I think I might have to book now for next year ... and start saving now!!

The journey there was so smooth that I would swear that we were in The Truman Show! Every train and bus was merely waiting for our arrival before they set off. The show began when we arrived (naturellement)!

I went there in the hopes of getting some inspiration for knitting, as well as for sewing, and I wasn't at all disappointed. There were so many lovely wools and so many gorgeous fabrics! I bought a couple of sewing magazines and got goody bags, which my daughter was thrilled with! I also bought some more sock wool (still working on my first pair of socks!), some recycled sari silk spun into a yarn and a couple of lengths of cotton fabric to play around with. I chatted to lots of very nice people who knew lots more about sewing and knitting than me, but were very patient with me.

Highlights of the day:
  • Spending time with my bezzie mate was lovely!! (I have to say this, in case she reads this!).
  • Rag rugging workshop was cool. I want a bodger!
  • Touching lots of yummy wool.
  • Getting home and showing off my haul to my excited daughter and endlessly patient hubby.

Low points:
  • Man who got me to touch possum pelt before I remembered that 'pelt' means 'it died.'
  • French knitting (so-called) teacher who made us feel very awkward when we arrived a little late, having got the start time wrong.
  • Rude people on the train home who thought that very small children should have their own seats on a crowded train, and 'Ra girls' who gave fake apologies but didn't give me their seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment